Club registration takes place from September 1-October 31 each year. This year, we updated our application forms to online, excel forms for the annual club registration process, except for Form A. Fill out the Excel Parts B and C information online. The only form that needs to be downloaded and returned once it is signed is Form A.
All staff must complete child protection online training and the background check for your club to be fully registered. Click on the Verified Volunteers link to access this information. Clubs will not be able to register for any events, including all Camporees, until they are a registered club through the Minnesota Conference.
NOTE: If your church changes officers partway through the Pathfinder year, then you/club director need(s) to pass on all Pathfinder information to the next leader taking charge, and give the Conference the updated club information.
Club Registration Process
- After you organize your club, set a calendar for the year, and prepare a budget for your club, you are ready to complete the Pathfinder Club Annual Application (A). Please complete ALL the information, and have ALL approved with the appropriate signatures. If your church changes officers partway through the Pathfinder year, then YOU (Director) need to pass on all Pathfinder information to the next leader taking charge, and give the Conference the updated information.
- Contact your church pastor (or head elder if no pastor), submit to him your plans for the club, and submit your calendar and budget for church board approval. Obtain your pastor’s signature on your Pathfinder Club Annual Application (A), to indicate you have church board approval of your club and its planned activities.
- Contact your Area Coordinator, discuss and review your calendar and budget, and have him/her review your application documents. Once reviewed, check the approval box on your Pathfinder Club Annual Application (A) to indicate he/she has reviewed your calendar, budget, and your documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Sign your Pathfinder Club Annual Application (A). This indicates you have taken responsibility for your club and all activities relating to your club, and for your staff and club members.
- Mandatory Background Checks for Staff* and Volunteers: Have all staff (including you) complete an online background check and child protection training through the Minnesota Conference authorized site. Find the link under forms to the right. If your staff does not have computer access, you or the church needs to provide access or utilize local library services to get this done.
- Fill out your Pathfinder Club Annual Application Form (B) (staff list). Make sure you list ALL staff contact information, cell phone and email especially. If new staff wants to join your club later in the year, they will also need to complete the online background check process and training, and you need to send an updated Form B to the Conference.
- Parents will have completed a Membership Application (with Health Record and Consent to Treat forms). Use these forms to compile your Pathfinder Membership List, Form (C). (You will keep the Membership Applications and Consent to Treat forms with the club for field trips, etc; please do not mail them to the Conference.)
- Please submit your Pathfinder Club Annual Application (A), Pathfinder Club Annual Application Form (B), Pathfinder Membership List (C), Photo Waivers from all staff and Pathfinders, and Calendar to the Youth Ministries office by mail or in person. Please bring in/send snail mail Application A and signed photo waivers. The other items can be sent by email to the Conference.
- Once processed and complete, you will receive a Certificate of Operation for your club to display in your church, and your club will have appropriate privileges as you participate in all Conference sponsored activities for Pathfinder Club ministries.
*Clarification for staff working in various ministries – Including our churches, schools, anything Conference related, even just for providing transportation for youth events: Complete the child protection training and background check every three years.