The Treasurer of the Minnesota Conference Association of Seventh-day Adventists shall serve as one of the officers of the Conference and supervise and direct, in counsel with the President, the financial affairs of all aspects of the church within the Conference.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for all Conference funds and disburse them in harmony with the denominational policies and actions of the Conference Board of Trustees.
- Keep the President informed regarding all financial interests, including those relating to Conference institutions.
- Prepare an annual operating budget in counsel with the President and Vice President of Administration and oversee the disbursement of funds according to policy.
- Oversee the monthly preparation of the financial statement to be presented to the Conference Board of Trustees, giving an ongoing picture of the financial position of the Conference.
- Provides up-to-date financial information relative to the Conference as needed by the officers, departmental directors, committees, local churches, schools and other conference organizations which have to do with Conference financial matters and planning.
- Oversee the work of the Associate Treasurer and treasury department: payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, receipting; data processing, etc.
- Be responsible for the preparation of monthly statements and other financial reports as may be required.
- Affix the signature of this Conference to all papers and instruments, in writing, that may require the same.
- Inform the field regarding financial policies.
- Oversee the following: auditing, risk management, health care, and purchasing.
- Fulfill special assignments at the request of the President or the Conference Board of Trustees.
- Serve as a member or chair committees and boards as requested by the Conference Board of Trustees, including but not limited to Chairing the Conference Finance and Industry Committees; Board of Trustees; Maplewood Academy Board; Board of Education; NSC Operations and Fundraising Committees; Personnel Committee; Risk Management Committee; Chair Stewardship Advisory Council
- Provide a written and verbal report to the delegates of the regular session of this Conference.
- Preside at the Board of Trustees in the absence of the President or VP of Administration.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned by the Conference Board of Trustees.
- Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Seventh-day Adventist church member in regular standing, and a desire to serve in a cooperative, spiritually redemptive, and soul-winning atmosphere.
- Must have a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Accounting, or similar. Prefer Masters of Business Administration or similar.
- Prefer 3-5 years of directly applicable experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing an organizational plan
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and long-range goals
- Experience in developing and implementing a plan to monitor organizational financial performance
- Must have above-average people skills, and be able to relate positively and effectively with the public in.
- Must be able to clearly communicate complex ideas in both public and private settings.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work cooperatively with Conference administration and personnel.
- Must be able to write and speak English fluently