This position is responsible for managing our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative tasks. The person will also be responsible for serving as secretary to one of the departments of the Minnesota Conference.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or
- referring inquiries.
- Coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and programs.
- Receiving visitors and directing and giving appropriate visitor badges.
- Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Ensure reception area is clean and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Work with an assigned department as secretary to that department.
- Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Seventh-day Adventist church member in regular standing, and a desire to serve in a cooperative, spiritually redemptive, and soul-winning atmosphere.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers).
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
- An Associate Degree or equivalent experience; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
- Must have above-average people skills, and be able to relate positively and effectively with the public in.
- Must be able to clearly communicate complex ideas in both public and private settings.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work cooperatively with Conference administration and personnel.
- Must be able to write and speak English fluently
Normal work hours will be Monday through Thursday from 8am to 6pm. The work hours will be spent in a professional office environment. Weekend and evening hours of work and travel may be required.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching.
- May require lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephone and other office equipment.
- Must be able to operate an automobile without assistance.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.