To provide assistance and support to the vice president for finance and the associate treasurer while focusing on the mission of the conference and emphasizing teamwork.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and mail correspondence
- Prepare, manage, and maintain filing
- Screen phone calls, visits, and appointments to ensure the effectiveness of the Treasury department
- General Ledger
- Entering JVs and other adjusting entries into the accounting software system.
- Writing checks on accounts payable and filing paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collecting and entering checks on accounts receivable and filing paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assist with payroll and filing paperwork..
- Other accounting functions as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Seventh-day Adventist church member in regular standing, and a desire to serve in a cooperative, spiritually redemptive, and soul-winning atmosphere
- Must be familiar with or be willing to learn various software applications, including Microsoft Office suite
- Must detail oriented
- Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field with at least 12 semester hours of accounting courses including intermediate accounting.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting software such as QuickBooks, Sage50 (Peachtree), Microsoft Dynamics GP, or other similar programs.
- Must be able to clearly communicate complex ideas in both public and private settings.
- Must have above-average people skills
- Must have ability to relate positively and effectively with the public in various church entities
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work cooperatively with Conference administration and personnel
- Must be able to write and speak English fluently
Typical Physical Demands
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching.
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to operate an automobile without assistance.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Essential office tasks are performed from the Conference office under normal office conditions with little to no noticeable discomfort. Work area is well-lighted and ventilated.