Below are all the forms and instructions necessary for creating your comprehensive church safety plan. Some documents are still to come.
- Child Protection Policy (This policy must be adopted by board vote in each church).
- Policy Implementation (Contains detailed instructions for implementing the child protection plan in your church).
- Background Check Consent Form (Each staff member and volunteer should complete this form for a background check prior to their involvement with children).
- Suspected Incident Report (Submit to conference if child abuse incident is suspected).
- Report Disclosure (This disclosure statement must be signed by each staff and volunteer who will have a background check. Don't forget to include social security numbers!)
- Known Offender Guidelines (Every Adventist church and school in the Minnesota Conference must abide by these guidelines for involving known offenders in activities).
- Employee Right-to-Know Program (Outlines the conference program for workplace safety. This should be personalized for your church).
- Work-related Illness & Injury Log and Report (This instruction booklet and log must be accessible at each church. The included work-related illness and injury log must be completed throughout the year and submitted to the conference annually. The included report form must be filed with the conference immediately when an illness or injury occurs).
- Hazardous Substance Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) (Every chemical in your church must have a MSDS included in a special notebook. This is an example of the kind of information that should be included in your MSDS notebook. These sheets are usually available on the internet from the manufacturer. The log must be always kept up to date).
- Infectious Disease Memo (Sample memo for spill kit packet distribution).
- Spill Kit Check List (Sample list for every location that needs a spill kit).
- Spill Kit Contents (Contents required for your church spill kit).
- Spill Kit Instructions (How to clean up bodily fluids. This instruction sheet should be posted with the spill kit).
- Hep B Declination (This form must be signed by every employee and volunteer if they do not wish to be vaccinated for Hep B).
- In-service Training Outline (Topics that must be covered when church employees and volunteers are trained to clean up bodily fluids).
- In-service Training Quiz (This quiz must be completed by each person that goes through the in-service training).
- In-service Training Quiz Key (The answers to the quiz)
- Sample Bloodborne Pathogens Policy (Sample policy that should be adapted and voted by the board for your church).
- Wash Hands Sign (Sample bathroom sign).
- Open Door Sign (Sample bathroom sign).
General Church Safety